Founded in September 1999, the Digital Moose Lounge (DML) is a non-profit social and professional networking platform for Canadians living in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We facilitate connection points between Canadian individuals, Canadian cultural organizations and alumni networks, and we're a hub for information and activities that are of interest to Canadians.
A sample of what we do:
- host an alumni reception around Canada Day each year -- the largest annual gathering of Canadians in the area
- cheer on Canadian teams at hockey games and occasionally hit the ice ourselves
- hear thought-provoking speakers at our salon-style Chesterfield Chats series
- socialize over informal happy hours around the Bay Area
- collect and share intel about Canadian-focused concerts, alumni gatherings, lectures, information sessions and more
- help members connect with each other through our new membership directory
What our members say about us:
The Annual All-Alumni Reception is always a fun event and I particularly enjoy hearing the stories of those who are founding companies here in Silicon Valley. Makes me proud to be a Canadian.
I loved the speakers! All in all, the event was absolutely fantastic. It was the first DML event I've attended and I will definitely be coming to more.
Very well organized tax information session and very friendly people.
DML was really helpful after I moved to the Bay Area ... I met my husband through a DML Canada Day event!
It is soul-filling to have so many people and organizations gather in honor of our shared heritage and values.