The DML is seeking a Special Projects, Communications and Event Management Moose intern to join the team for 10 weeks this summer. This Moose Intern will work up to 10 hours a week. This is a paid internship position. The intern will mostly be working remotely with occasional travel within the Bay Area.
This is a great opportunity for a college student or recent graduate to gain hands-on experience. The intern will play a key role in working with the Digital Moose Lounge Board in shaping content strategy across mediums, developing fundraising and corporate development packages, and collaborating with different stakeholders to ensure the success of upcoming events. The intern will report to the Chair Moose of the Board and will be mentored by the Communications Moose.
- Assist with the Digital Moose Lounge newsletter
- Develop content strategy, manage and schedule content for the Digitial Moose Lounge social media channels and website
- Assist with event planning for the annual Canada Day celebration and other events, including the day of the event execution
- Organizing files on cloud storage (Google Drive) and developing templates
- Project Management Skills - creates a system of implementation that converts strategies into tangible operating results and ensures the optimum utilization of all available resources
- Planning and Organization – knows how to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Verbal and Written Communication - clearly conveys information and ideas through verbal and written communication to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Attention to detail – sets high standards of performance for self in monitoring all facets of a task or project
- Strong Time Management skills, ability to prioritize own Calendar and Time, meet project timelines, deadlines, and deliverables with independence.
- Ability to learn quickly, be proactive, and assume ownership for broad tracks of work.
- Must have access to a computer with internet access. Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send a cover letter and resume to: programs@digitalmooselounge.
About The Digital Moose Lounge:
Founded in September 1999 by a small group of passionate Canadians, the Digital Moose Lounge (DML) is a non-profit social impact and professional networking platform for Canadians living in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We facilitate connection points between Canadian individuals, Canadian cultural organizations and alumni networks, and we're a hub for information and activities that are of interest to Canadians.